Hiring a professional website design and development agency has several benefits. A well-designed and implemented website will help your business stand out from the competition.
Here are six reasons it’s important to hire professionals to build your website:
- Your website is your most important marketing asset
- Your website can increase business profits in many ways.
- Your website is the center of a quality strategic marketing plan.
- Your website targets your Ideal Customer.
- Your website is a treasure trove of customer data.
- Your web hosting must be high-performing, stable, and secure.
A professional website development team will have years of experience in designing and building websites. They will be able to create a site that is both user-friendly and visually appealing.
A website is vital to business growth, and your business deserves a high quality website.
Your website is your most important marketing asset.
As you proceed to name your new business, you should consider whether your desired domain name or social media links are available. A website is an integral part of the success of any business that wants to grow and stay competitive. Many startups today build a website before they rent an office or open a storefront.
A business website is usually the first point of contact for most potential customers, and it is this first touch by which they will judge your company. Your website is the first impression you make when a customer is searching for a product or service.
Even with traditional advertising, people expect businesses to have an online presence. Without one, you have already lost a significant amount of credibility.
Your business website should be as nimble and agile as a daily specials chalkboard.
It is a marketing platform you and your business control. It should be constantly up-to-date and accurate, including your contact information, hours of operation, and product or service offerings. When you release a new product, it can be up on your website the same day. Shorten your hours for the holidays? No problem! Your website is an extension of your business, and customers will come to expect to find the information they need, when they need it.
Your website is a powerful tool for building your brand, establishing customer relations, and retaining customers. It can also help you influence potential customers and communicate your message effectively. By taking the time to create a great website, you’ll improve the visibility of your business and increase sales.
Your website can increase business profits in many ways.
- Sales and marketing asset – Your website is unlimited when presenting your products and services. From simple descriptions to advanced multimedia presentations, your customers get the information they need to make a purchasing decision.
- E-commerce – Your website can be a 24 hour, 365 day, storefront complete with checkout lines and coupons.
- Customer Loyalty – With any business, the first sale is the hardest. It’s also true with e-commerce. With one good transaction, your customers will become loyal and frequent shoppers.
- Employee Recruitment and Retention – Your people are critical to business profitability. A good website can enhance recruitment and reduce turnover.
- Operations – Today websites can be integrated with other operational functions. Take-out orders can be placed in real time. Services can be scheduled. Invoices can be sent and be paid. If you sell digital products, your website can even make deliveries.
- Niche Audiences – A small local store may never attract enough foot traffic if they are too niche-focused. However, the same little store can have a worldwide customer base. Additionally, a successful local store can increase sales of the products with the best profit margins by offering them online.
- Stakeholder Relations – Customers and employees are not the only benefactors of a good website. Vendors, investors, strategic partners and affiliates are other audiences that can be influenced on the web.
- Social Media Connectivity – Social platforms are a great way to promote your business, but it’s important to “own your own space” on the web. Many businesses have found themselves struggling when Facebook or YouTube make a significant policy change. Conversely, your website can be strengthened by being well-connected.
Your business is in the pocket of your customers … Literally. With today’s mobile devices, your customers are able to carry your business everywhere they go. A well-designed mobile-friendly website will make them want to shop and share.
Your Website is the Hub of Your Strategic Marketing Plan
A digital marketing agency can build an entire marketing plan, sometimes called a “Marketing Roadmap”, with your website as the central hub. All of your roads and pathways lead to your website.
A seasoned marketing agency will make sure that your website is flexible, scalable and agile. These traits are critical to good integration with you and your overall marketing strategy.
Modern marketing requires an entire team of specialists. Outsourcing your digital marketing activities can be a great business decision. For the cost of less than a single full-time employee, you can hire a team of talented professionals dedicated to the task of building your brand, marketing your products and services, and measuring the overall success of each campaign to inform the next steps of a marketing strategy.
Creating a Marketing Roadmap
A professional agency can help improve your marketing strategy.
When first developing a relationship with a professional digital marketing agency, a good place to start is by creating a marketing roadmap. This will not only help you to target your customers accurately and measure the success of your website and marketing campaigns, but also establish the guidelines that keep everyone on track. This strategic marketing plan will grow and evolve over time and will be the guiding force behind every marketing milestone. The best agencies will first help you determine your objectives and goals. Once you have a clear idea of what you want to accomplish, the marketing roadmap will help you reach your targets.
Your Website Targets your Ideal Customer
A well-designed site provides intense focus on niche markets.
Who are you trying to reach with your marketing messages? Once you know who your target customers are, you can focus your efforts on reaching them.
When it comes to marketing, many business owners make the mistake of trying to reach too many people at once. They think that casting a wide net will result in more sales and more customers. However, if you don’t target your messages accurately, you’ll end up wasting time and money on marketing that doesn’t produce results.
The best way to target your customers is to first identify the key aspects and qualities of your ideal customer through research. When it comes to targeting your ideal customer, it’s important that you take the time to research, and develop Ideal Customer Profiles (ICPs), sometimes known as customer personas. This will allow you to create marketing content and strategies that are more likely to resonate with your target market, so you can easily create messages that appeal specifically to them.
One way to go about developing customer personas is to ask your current customers questions about their needs and wants. This can help you get a better understanding of what drives them, what problems they’re trying to solve, and what type of content they’re most interested in.
You can also use online tools and surveys to gather information about your target market. This will give you a better idea of who they are, what motivates them, and where they spend their time online.
A marketing expert is well versed in the strategies necessary to identify and target the appropriate customers for a particular business. They can help craft a marketing word skeleton written in the “voice of your brand”, create calls-to-action that are relevant to your customer’s needs, and make sure your website and other marketing materials are designed for their browsing habits.
When you take the time to target your customers accurately, you’ll see a big improvement in your bottom line.
Your Website is a Treasure Trove of Customer Data.
It is vital to track how well your website and marketing campaigns are performing.
You will spend a lot of time and money building your website and implementing marketing campaigns, so it’s important to measure the results so you can make necessary adjustments. Your website and digital marketing agency can help you in many areas:
- Marketing data: This includes information like website traffic, leads generated, conversions, and customer demographics. Tracking this data will help you understand how well your marketing efforts are working and where you should focus your resources.
- Ideal Customer Profile data: This includes information like what products or services customers are buying, how much they’re spending, and what their satisfaction levels are. Knowing this data can help you improve customer retention rates and boost your bottom line.
- Competitor research: Competitive analysis is essential for any business. By keeping tabs on your competitors, you can learn what strategies they are using, what products they are releasing, and how they are positioning themselves in the market. This information can help you make informed decisions about your own business and stay ahead of the competition.
Your Website Hosting should be High-Performing, Stable and Secure.
Your website is hosted on a cloud server. Ultimately your website is stored on a hard drive (or multiple drives) somewhere in the world and delivered from that drive to every user device in a matter of seconds.
Three things you should consider:
Performance is more important now than ever, and the importance of a high-performing Web server will only increase in the future.
Today high-speed Internet and mobile devices are the norm. Your website has to travel many miles by cable and cell signal to its destination. Additionally, modern websites deliver high resolution images, videos, sounds and information collectively known as “data” in huge volume.
Not only is it a monumental task, but now there is competition! Server performance has become a factor in the latest Google search engine algorithm. Literally faster sites are ranked higher than slower competitors.
Stability is self-explanatory. If your website is off-line, it’s worthless.
When a website crashes or goes offline, it can be difficult to know where to start in terms of troubleshooting. Different factors can cause issues. A website might crash if there is a code conflict, server problems, DNS issues, or a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack. If your website crashes, it’s important to first determine the source of the problem. You can do this by checking your website’s error logs and looking for any errors that might be causing the crash. Once you’ve identified the root cause of the problem, you can then start troubleshooting to resolve it. A professional web developer will have the experience and knowledge to quickly debug a problem and get your website back online.
Another potential issue is DNS (Domain Name System) issues. The DNS is responsible for translating domain names into IP addresses, so that browsers can connect to websites. If there’s a problem with the DNS, it can prevent people from accessing your site.
Security has become critical for every website.
If you’re running a website, it’s important to be aware of the security risks that can impact its functionality. Most professional website hosting companies dedicate a great deal of time to ensuring a website remains up to date and free from the risks that make it easy for a website to be targeted. A distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack is a danger that websites face more and more frequently. A DDoS attack occurs when someone sends a large number of requests to a website at the same time, overwhelming its servers and causing it to crash. Without the proper security measures in place, your website can not only crash, but your business and customer data could be at risk, as well.
You may not think about it, but your website is at risk every day. There are countless potential security issues that could arise, from code conflicts to server problems to DNS issues. And if your website crashes or experiences downtime, that can be extremely costly in terms of lost revenue and customers.
The best quality web design and development firms often build their own server stack. They recognize that a generic low cost Web server is great for a blogger, community organization, or independent entrepreneur, but for a multi-million-dollar business, they want assurances that every effort has been made to enhance performance, stability and security.
The best website hosting server is the one the business owner never has to think about.
How can a web development company help your business?
A full-service digital marketing agency can take you from square one to a fully functional, profitable business.
By outsourcing your digital marketing and website development needs to a professional agency, you can focus on what you do best – running your business.
Mediastead is a full-service digital marketing agency that can assist in all the items discussed in this article and more.