What happens when a 19 year old company needs to completely re-brand starting from scratch? That was the challenge facing Mediastead and our client, Emerald Home Health. This home health care agency based in Pittsburgh, PA has been in business since 1996 and a Mediastead client since 2013.
Formerly Nursefinders of Western PA, this home health agency was one of the few remaining franchises. The franchisor was sold to a health care conglomerate and the parent company chose to focus on medical staffing exclusively. As such, the five remaining franchises were released from their royalty obligation and non-compete agreements as long as the franchises stopped using the Nursefinders brand.
Re-branding can be quite a challenge. They wanted to leverage nearly two decades of experience, yet they also wanted to separate themselves completely from the past.
Our largest project to date included:
- Securing a fictitious name and domain names (harder than it sounds)
- Logo, tagline, and brand identity guide
- Dozens of printed materials, from marketing down to intra-office policy pages
- Setup of new website, branded email, and social media pages
- New signage, indoor and out
- Complete employee branding including uniforms, I.D. badges and lanyards, promotional products and iPad covers
- Production of commercials for cable and broadcast TV, and video assets for online video marketing
- Sales and employee training to create continuity surrounding the new brand.
For many clients, choosing a name, logo and tagline is the first step. Typically potential clients come to us with ideas in mind that we help mold into and overall concept.
In this case, however, choosing a new name became a real struggle. A company of 100+ employees, and a company with a two decade reputation had real potential for momentum loss. Furthermore, the owners who started the franchise were previously provided with a marketing package. These veteran business people had zero experience creating a brand.
This project became a real treat for our firm. We had a completely fresh brand, lots of freedom to spread their wings, and experienced veteran business owners (with an actual marketing budget). Over six months we guided Emerald Home Health through the process that would eventually become PACE Marketing, our cornerstone marketing process.
As we worked, Emerald Home Health became our own benchmark of excellence.